[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Port Molds

Port Molds

Discussion on flowbench testing techniques "top secret" ideas . . .

Postby 106-1194218389 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:50 pm

Here is a link that shows a cheap and easy way to make molds of the ports you are doing. I am new to the forum and you all may already have seen it.

www.diyporting.com/molds.html
106-1194218389

Postby 106-1194218389 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:16 pm

While I was looking around for some reasonably priced port mold material so I could pour a mold at one time instead of painting it layer at a time like at the DIY site I came across this. This if for TAP Plastics and they have some silicone that looks like it may work. But what really impressed me as being helpful were all their videos at this site. Pretty good watch and there are quite a few that would pertain to things we are doing.

John
106-1194218389

Postby 86rocco1 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:57 am

somebody using some of TAP Plastics's products to make a port mold, and have you seen the article on constructing
86rocco1

Postby 106-1194218389 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:33 pm

Thanks Ed,
Those articles were more in line with what I want. My wife saw the videos and was all excited that she could make molds of leafs now, not really in my line of interest. :;):
I have order some of the Urethane RTV to see how it works. It is a little cheaper and you just mix 1 to 1 and do not have to worry about bubbles. It is a little firmer that the blue silicone rtv so I hope I do not have to grind it out of the ports when I am done :p

John
106-1194218389

Postby 86rocco1 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:58 pm

another one for you, this one's mind blowing, it's the ultimate extension of the flow box idea.
86rocco1

Postby blaktopr » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:32 pm

I think I am going to try the flow box. Costs less than an actual head. Maybe I can get some people I know to mold ports from other heads to make more boxes.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby Scott H » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:58 pm

Scott H

Postby 49-1183904562 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:41 pm

[color=#000000]In my library I have an older book by John Dalton called
49-1183904562

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:54 pm

Great idea Rick. I am going to try that. You still should do like Tom has and sacrifice a head to the flow bench Gods and cut it up so you can get an idea of the thickness. Or if you can swing it buy a sonic tester. They have some fairly inexpensive ones on eBay. You nee to watch what thickness they will check to. Some don't check thin enough for what we do. I found this one on eBay. I have not bought one yet. This one will test from .059" to 7.8"

John[url=http://cgi.ebay.com/Ultrasonic-Thickness-Meter-Digital-Testing-Gauge-Tester_W0QQitemZ400002877203QQihZ027QQcat
egoryZ58235QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262]Ultrasonic Thickness Tester[/url]
106-1194218389

Return to Flowbench techniques