[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - DIY flowbench parts - Build your own flowbench parts

DIY flowbench parts - Build your own flowbench parts

post'em if u got'em.

Postby 98-1074649673 » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:19 am

For those of you who want to build a bench but lack the tools, here is a link to my flowbench parts page. These parts and the knowledge/info in the forums and u will have a very good start on a flowbench with minimum $$$'s spent

98-1074649673

Postby Mouse » Wed Jan 28, 2004 1:40 pm

I have one of Bruce's rectangular calibration orifices. A flow bench essential, especially is you are building your own bench.

The orifice is a sharp edge that appears to have a discharge coefficient of .62, and is perfectly round to the .001". The aluminum is thick enough to eliminate any vibration of the plate, and flat enough to eliminate any leakage providing your gasket is flat too.

The rectangular model allows you to check all areas of your fixture/receiver for uneven flow metering or weak/strong spots especially around the perimeters.

A must have for the bench builder, or even a commercial bench owner.

John
Mouse

Postby Mouse » Wed Jan 28, 2004 11:05 pm

I have one of Bruce's rectangular calibration orifices. An essensial for any flow bench builder or owner.

The orifice is perfectly round to the .001" and the sheet aluminum is thick enough to prevent any vibration in the sheet during use.

The rectangular unit allows you to check all areas of your fixture/receiver for uneveness, not just the center.

At that price, you can't afford to be without one.

John
Mouse

Postby Mouse » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:50 pm

I have one of Bruce's rectangular calibration orifices, an essensial for any flow bench builder/owner.

It is a sharp edge orifice that is perfectly round to the .001" or better. Made from aluminum plate, it is thick enough so that it will not vibrate during testing.

The rectangular plates allow you to check the perimeters of your fixture/receiver, not just the center.

A real bargain and a must-have for any flow bench.

John
Mouse

Postby bruce » Fri May 28, 2004 10:17 pm

I just located a supplier for the flow straightener honeycomb material. I will be posting info on what and how much in the very near future. It will come in 12"x12" peices or special order for larger peices. I plan on making a standard straightener for a peice of 3" PVC pipe. If anyone is interested drop me an email or PM me.

Here are some pics of what this material looks like. The ones shown are 1/4" cell size and 1/2" (white) and 3/4" (black) thickness. This material comes in 12x12, 24x24 and multiples of 12" sheets. I am also getting setup to cut it into circular shapes for inserting into PVC tubes. I'm still working up a cost for this material.

ImageImage

Edited By bruce on 1091580401
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Jesse Lackman » Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:40 pm

any current information on the flow straighteners?
Jesse Lackman

Jesse Lackman

Postby bruce » Fri May 26, 2006 7:12 pm

Well I finally got off my butt and worked on something today . . . here are some pics of a 1-1/2" honeycomb flow straightener section. I should get a chance this weekend to get a 2" prototype made also. The honeycomb area is 3/4" long and the overall length of the peice is approx 3" it has 2 female ends. I can make them also with a male & female end if need be? I will perform some testing on my bench with the 1-1/2" one, I'm curious if there will be any restriction in flow or change.

I currently have a halfassed flow straightener in my bench made out of soda straws so it will be interesting to see if there is any change. I do not have prices at this time. Now that I have a working prototype I need to go back to my supplier of honeycomb material and get new prices, I'm sure my quote is a little dated.

ImageImage

Sorry for the crappy pics I have an old digital camera.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby DaveMcLain » Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:24 am

Looks very nice Bruce, I was wondering if you know of a very good source for some vac motors, I have a friend who's building his own flow bench and he needs a few.
DaveMcLain

Return to Flowbench Links