[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Flowbench Blowers/motors

Flowbench Blowers/motors

post'em if u got'em.

Postby bruce » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:23 pm

Special deal for PTS Flowbench forum members from Lighthouse Enterprises on Flowbench Blowers/Motors:

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby don52 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:01 am

I looked at the motors they have and was looking at the 116309-00 listed in their other vacuum motor section, these run 59 bucks and 112cfm vs. the others with a discount works out ot be 1.9 cfm per buck vs 1.6cfm for the 145 cfm units. I know money isnt evrything so I was wondering if there were other things to look out for?
don52

Postby bruce » Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:03 am

Don't look at the maximum CFM they flow from the charts, look at the flow at the static depression you will test at ie 10,28 etc. Compare this number to the other motors and what size orifice they flow it at. Motor numbers also do not add up, so 4 motors that flow 100cfm do not mean they will flow 400cfm (4x100).

The 116309 at 29" flows 55cfm on a .875" orifice for comparison the LH9563 at 28.6" flows 106.5cfm on a 1.25" orifice, the LH6311-01 at 30.8" flows 70.9cfm on a 1" orifice.

In the end nobody has a real good handle on how a specific motor will operate in a home-built bench design when teamed up with other motors . . . I'm trying to do this with my PTS bench design and am flowing various motor sets installed in my PTS bench but, it's not a cheap proposition even getting a discount from the motor supplier. I'm hoping to give everyone a good idea what they can expect from specific motors before plunking down $$$'s for them and finding out they don't work as planned.

Edited By bruce on 1238155505
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby bruce » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:42 pm

First set of Lighthouse/Central Vac motors showed up today! I'll get them in my bench as soon as I can and try'em out!
bruce
Site Admin

Postby joep » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:49 pm

joep

Postby thomasvaught-1 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:28 pm

I did some testing one time and every time I added a motor to the mix I lost about 12% with each motor with it was running in parallel with other motors so:

1 motor = 100 cfm (per the spec sheet)
2 motors = 188 cfm or (100 + 100 x 88%)
3 motors = 276 cfm or (188 + 100 x 88%)
4 motors = 364 cfm or (276 + 100 x 88%)

so you lose about 36 cfm when you added the other 3 motors vs your assumed 400 cfm for 4 motors.

Tom Vaught

motor efficiency and losses WILL vary by brand

Bruce could do a similar check by adding one motor at a time to the testing. This assumes check valves on the non active motors
thomasvaught-1

Postby bruce » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:56 pm

bruce
Site Admin

Return to Flowbench Links