[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - LED lights for bench

LED lights for bench

post'em if u got'em.

Postby jfholm » Mon May 18, 2009 4:39 pm

I found this link for some inexpensive good 12VDC LEDS and you can get them in UV also. There are also 12VDC power supplies there also.

John

It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby msj442 » Mon May 18, 2009 11:55 pm

good selection. good find john.

max
msj442

Postby Flash » Tue May 19, 2009 9:30 pm

I like the one with the "Diffused Lens the best.

with it being only approximately 1-1/2" in diameter and 3/4" deep, you could sink it in about half way..............shouldn't affect the air flow?

What would be cool, is to find one like that, that uses a watch battery or something, so you didn't have to deal with the cord.

Being a LED, should late a long time :)
Gordon
Flash

Postby jfholm » Tue May 19, 2009 9:35 pm

What I am now looking for is some florescent string or thread so that when I make that device I put a picture on a couple of days ago I can use the UV LED's and make them glow and be easier to see.

Haven't found any string yet.

John
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby Flash » Tue May 19, 2009 9:43 pm

Gordon
Flash

Postby jfholm » Tue May 19, 2009 9:47 pm

Gordon does it come in different colors and do you think it would make the string stiff?

Thanks,
John
jfholm

Postby Flash » Tue May 19, 2009 9:52 pm

Gordon
Flash

Postby Scott H » Wed May 20, 2009 10:54 am

John,

I use strong UV (Hg) lamps as a source in order to align echelle spectrometer optics, after optical service. Because the echelle covers 190-800 nm, we use the visible Hg green wavelength at 546.07 nm as well as others. The green 546 line is easiest to see.

These particular lamps are short wavelength and will burn the eyes just like an arc welder. They also generate considerable ozone when running. In order to see the visible spectra, the room must be almost completely darkened -- even with the intense Hg lamp as a source.

I am wondering if the lower power longer wavelength (safe) UV LED will have sufficient energy to fluoresce the string while you still have enough light to see the port?
Scott H

Postby jfholm » Wed May 20, 2009 12:59 pm

Scott,
as much of a hassle it is turning out to be I think I will just get different colored string and use the regular bright white LEDs -

All I need to do is say "hey see how good it works" and then be blind 5 minutes later :D

John
jfholm

Postby slracer » Wed May 20, 2009 3:09 pm

Scott, Is there a way to determine wavelength "at home"? Not exact, just ballpark (i.e., blue is 400-600, ...). Thanks, Doug
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby jfholm » Wed May 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Here is a good Wikipedia article on UV light

John
jfholm

Postby blaktopr » Wed May 20, 2009 6:21 pm

I want to try black light LEDs inside a clear valve/ valve stem made from acrylic. Light up the bowl and chamber a little more. It may not be strong enough though.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby Malvin » Wed May 20, 2009 9:47 pm

jfholm here is a link to some glow in the dark string

That string might work hold a charge for 8-10 hours
they claim.

Malvin :)

Edited By bruce on 1242903700
Malvin

Postby Scott H » Thu May 21, 2009 4:16 am

Scott H

Postby jfholm » Thu May 21, 2009 10:37 am

jfholm

Next

Return to Flowbench Links