[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Plastic tubing for manometers

Plastic tubing for manometers

post'em if u got'em.

Postby 106-1194218389 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:03 am

Here are some links to get acrylic tubing etc for manometers. If anyone has links for fittings or has a way to hook tubing to flex tubing and containers to hold manometer fluid please post here.

The third link requires NO minimum - sells the tubing in 6 ft lengths

solid acrylic tubing sources:

106-1194218389

Postby 86rocco1 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:30 pm

Also, check your local phone book for aquarium supply places, there's one near me that sells 3' lengths of clear rigid acyrlic tubing in various diameters. Here's an inclined manometer that I build with 1/8" i.d. tubing from there.
86rocco1

Postby 106-1194218389 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:00 pm

:D Hey thanks for the picture it gives me ideas - that can be dangerous - ask my wife

John

btw thanks for you spread sheets
106-1194218389

Postby 86rocco1 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:15 pm

86rocco1

Postby 115-1172523331 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 10:50 am

Rocco, I'm looking at your inclinedmanometer. Do you use the syringe for initial level control or just to add fluid? good idea either way!

I found a good supply at the following link:

www.tapplastics.com

I went to "local" store while on a trip so don't know about shipping.

Doug
115-1172523331

Postby 86rocco1 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:30 am

The syringe on the extreme left, is a reservoir to catch any fluid that's expelled from the manometer if pressure is applied in the wrong direction. On the other side is the manometer well and the syringe on the extreme right is for filling and zeroing, it has a small hole near the top of the bore through which I can inject fresh fluid, advancing the plunger seals that hole, fills the system and sets the fluid level.
86rocco1

Postby ThomasVaught » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:28 pm

Pretty smart there Ed!

I have used the "Signal Dampers" in the past to soften the pulsations of the motors and to catch any fluid from "mistakes" but I really like your filling idea. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Tom V.
ThomasVaught

Postby 106-1194218389 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 1:55 pm

I went to Walgreens last night on the way home and the Pharmacist gave me 3 10cc oral plastic syringes for free. Wahoo, free is good! I took a 30" piece of 1/8" tubing and it took about 7cc to fill it. Ed's inclined manometer is great! I am building one this week to test. I may have to get some instruction to follow the spreadsheet correctly.

John :D
106-1194218389

Postby 86rocco1 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 6:20 pm

86rocco1

Return to Flowbench Links