[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Is this a good first flow bench?

Is this a good first flow bench?

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby head_tech » Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:49 am

Hi guys and girls

Im a new member as of today I have been involved in repairing ,rebuilding and modifing cylinder heads for some years now, I have always been very interested in flow benches and flow testing etc but never had the chance to work with or on one and am hoping with the info on this site that can change. I have found some plans for an orifice style bench on the net before i found this forum and thought they looked good as far as my knowledge goes on flow benches(which is limited)I have read and looked over the plans and am confident i can build 95% of it without a problem but would like the opinion of all you out there with alot more experience than me to know if this is a good design? id prefer to build a good bench right of the bat so if you have a better design id love to see and hear about it thanks for your help

Grant
head_tech

Postby gofaster » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:25 am

That is the article that got a lot of us started. It's often referenced as an "MSD" or "Mercdog" style orifice bench. It is a place to start, and if you research the forum you will find a lot of posts dealing with solving problems and making improvements on this basic style bench.
If you do searches on the forum, be sure to click on "from the beginning". There is also a previous forum that is no longer active, but it is readable, for more info.
Welcome, and good luck!
Jim
gofaster

Postby head_tech » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:02 am

hi Jim

And thanks, i have been doing a bit of reading and i have a lot to learn me thinks, I thought i would start out building the cabinet and manometers as they will cost the least and continue reading this forum to improve my bench, any ideas or pointers in the right direction would be most helpfull.
head_tech

Postby Thomas Vaught » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:50 pm

That bench will work ok if you make some changes and use Beckman "port holes" vs the sliding doors in the article. Also the sliding disc will leak where a fixed orifice with stoppers will not.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby larrycavan » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:42 pm

Welcome to the board Head Tech.
larrycavan
Site Admin

Return to Readers Flowbench projects