[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - LFE Bench

LFE Bench

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby trader » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:11 pm

Larry,

Yes that is a good book. It is rather pricey when found. Here is a link to it in pdf format online for those interested. I have a multitude of formulas and programs 2 stroke related. It's amazing how some of the little boogers can make 5+ hp per cu in in tune...I'm a mid 50's KIEKHAEFER (Mercury outboard motor) fan... trader

Changing one thing, changes everything...
trader

Postby trader » Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:59 pm

Here are some pic's of the deck plate/adaptor. This is the bottom view, and will be bolted from inside cabinet. This fits over the closet flange. I have added a static port, that dies short of the opening. There is a .020" full annular groove between the plate and the flange when assembled, that will hopefully feed this port. I may have to modify later...trader
trader

Postby trader » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:06 pm

Here is the top view. I have 6 tapped holes for clamping adaptor plates or whatever. Plate is 1" X 8" X 8". The main hole is 4.500" and the step is 5.500" X .500" deep to hold the adaptor plate. Everything will have O-rings for sealing.
trader

Postby trader » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:10 pm

Here it is permanately affixed to the cabinet. Set in epoxy, and bolted from inside plenum.
trader

Postby trader » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:17 pm

Here are all the pieces to set up with a 3.500 bore head fixture. O-rings will be used to seal in grooves. I Will make up dedicated plates for different head bolt patterns, that will share common bore sizes, up to 4.500"
trader

Postby trader » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:19 pm

Adaptor plate installed to deck plate.
trader

Postby trader » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:20 pm

Cylinder installed in adaptor plate.
trader

Postby trader » Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:28 pm

This head fixture plate has it's own stands for now. Plan to make permanet stands for interchangeable head plates to fasten to with socket head screws. Help to hold things together. This is how it looks assembled and ready for the head.
trader

Postby riga team » Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:12 pm

Trader!Beautifully and compactly!
riga team

Postby trader » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:45 pm

Thought I'd post an update on my pony bench. I decided to make it convertable. I have decided on using a 2" Dwyer flow sensor and be able to also use it with my 3" Dwyer flow sensor, by just swapping the pipe. Also the possibility of pulling one motor and plumbing into a multiple motor box, if more power is ever needed. It will just as easily retro back into the LFE model as it started out...trader
trader

Postby trader » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:50 pm

The Vac motors are Ametek 3-stage 114787. I have them switched independently, and controlled by a 20 amp variac.
trader

Postby trader » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:54 pm

I have vented the access door and will also be adding fresh air ducts to the top of the motor through the sides of the cabinet..
trader

Postby trader » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:59 pm

Another view of the backside. You can also see the variac knob to control the vac's, and a Meriam 3 way valve found at the scrap iron yard...
trader

Postby trader » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:03 pm

I also added a thermometer to monitor the air temp inside the cabinet. Rest of the switches and controls.
trader

Postby bruce » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:04 pm

Looks good!
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Readers Flowbench projects