[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - The firs is never good enough - New bench made of steel and carbonfibre

The firs is never good enough - New bench made of steel and carbonfibre

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby Erik » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:07 am

First of all thanks to all people on this forum for the inspiration and good ideas.
I decided to make a new bench and use some parts from the old one.
The frame and chambers is in steel easier to seal than any wood material (I am not a friend of wood it is impossible to weld and always get to short when it is cut).
It is an intake/exhaust bench with two fixed orifices that gives me three ranges.
Still same 12 motor setup but now as a module separated from chambers.
I did also learn the hard way that ametech blowers is rated at 60Hz and we use 50Hz
So I did lose 20% of rated capacity.
Next step is to make a new blower box with 16 blowers that will put me over 1000cfm
Still use FP1 and now with Air Flow Control Valve.
Pictures at

Erik
Erik

Postby bruce » Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:37 am

Industrial strength!! Looks good!

I like the composite panels.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby blaktopr » Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:26 pm

Speechless.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby MrHijet » Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:32 pm

wow! I am stunned!
MrHijet

Postby Tony » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:46 pm

That is incredible, fantastic workmanship Erik !!!
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby larrycavan » Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:25 am

Erik,

You've got a pretty nice shop there. The flowbench looks great!
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Erik » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:16 am

First of all thanks everybody for the nice words

Now I have updated the bench with a motor controler type of thing.
I did find a DIY dimmer that could handle 220V/2200W I did put three of them in a box one per motor and it work.
The dimer whas $15 per kit in sweden.
The bench mow makes 700cfm @28"
The next step is a new motorbox with 15 motors the goal is 1000 cfm
Erik

Postby FPV_GTp » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:33 am

Ford Sale - ( Melb , Aust ) - Engine Dynamometer Heenan & Froude G490EH 1,500Bhp@15,000rpm - Ship World Wide
FPV_GTp

Return to Readers Flowbench projects