[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Peter's Bench - My Flow Bench

Peter's Bench - My Flow Bench

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:10 pm

Here are some pics of my pitot style bench, bruce is making a calcibration plate for me and I"m going to paint the mdf next.
8 Ametek 116457-00 motors, controlled by 4 - 26 amp speed controls, 0-6 in. Dwyer inclined mano with 0-100% scale.

Bench
Peter

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:13 pm

Ok, try this again

Attached Image
Peter

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:25 pm

Third time
Peter

Postby bruce » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:27 pm

........ Is a charm!

Looks good, thanks for sharing!
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:28 pm

OK, now I've got it, this is the air box
Peter

Postby Peter » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:32 pm

And this is the inter cage that the mdf attaches to. 1.5 x 1.5 with welded nuts. It should make it pretty sturdy.
Peter

Postby Nick » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:02 am

Turn up the heat!!!!!!!! It's only 60 in there. Just Kidding.

Looks good, I would like to see how it turns out.
Nick

Postby larrycavan » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:31 am

Peter

Looking at the air box it looks like there are holes on both sides. Are you going to mount motors opposing each other in there?

Larry C
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:11 pm

I too would be interested in how the flow works inside the box.

Very nice work. The steel framework is great. You might need a support in the center of the panels though as the forces can get pretty high.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby wing64k » Sun Dec 11, 2005 2:54 pm

Peter,Where did you get the black tube and collar on the side of the box and what size is it?
Thanks,Dean
wing64k

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:04 pm

4 motors will be mounted on each side.

The blue and black ring is a 4' toliet ring available at Lowe's or Home Depot, it's supposed to be self sealing, but you'll see how I will take care of that in later photos.

As for support between the motors, I'll see if that will be necessay when I get it up and running, that's why I made the panels removeable.
Peter

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:02 pm

So Peter, can I assume that the drums will be inside the box and the windings will go through the hole and discharge the air to the outside?

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:05 pm

Correct, I'm only doing intake to start, intake and exhaust will be later.
Peter

Postby Peter » Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:42 pm

Here is my valve assembly, I got this idea from bruce's bench.

It will mount just in front of the air box.
Peter

Return to Readers Flowbench projects