[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Jakes Bench - build started

Jakes Bench - build started

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby jakesportingservice » Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:06 pm

Hi everyone thanks to everyone that has posted on this great web site. Bruce you are great for what you have created here. My bench is a msd type with several changes. It is not finished yet but it is started and seem to be coming along quite fast thanks to this site.

I will post some pics when i figure out how to ? I'm not much of a computer wiz.
jakesportingservice

Postby jakesportingservice » Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:04 pm

Pics
jakesportingservice

Postby jakesportingservice » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:20 pm

Try again Pics
jakesportingservice

Postby jakesportingservice » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:22 pm

more
jakesportingservice

Postby jakesportingservice » Wed Dec 31, 2008 7:27 pm

another
jakesportingservice

Postby RACEPUMPER » Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:52 am

come on Jake, how about some more pictures!

Jim
Whats another word for Thesaurus?
RACEPUMPER

Postby jakesportingservice » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:01 pm

Worked some more this weekend and made some progress. I will be adding a few more pics.

This is one with two motors temporarilly attached to test and see how my check valves will work.
jakesportingservice

Postby jakesportingservice » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Here is the check valve box that I made using rubber flappers from lowes the cost was a mere 2.79 for the valve and i think they are going to work perfectly
jakesportingservice

Postby jakesportingservice » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:06 pm

If you can see i tilted the box a little bit to help the flappers seat themselves back to a closed position
jakesportingservice

Postby jakesportingservice » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:12 pm

Inside of the check valve box. When i had the box mounted and fired the motors up the valves were very responsive to the air flowing through . I left the box open due to these two motors will be turned on at the same time.
Does anybody think that this will be a problem ? If so let me know wont be a hard fix as all it is is another piece of wood to divide the two.
jakesportingservice

Postby jakesportingservice » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:14 pm

Heres a pic of the new valve before cutting the bulb off.
jakesportingservice

Postby jakesportingservice » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:24 pm

here a pic of the front panel with the controls in place. Its made of a piece of .375 solid rod welded to a piece of .500 tubing with two washers welded to the end so the handles stay in place and not move in and out. The block of wood is counter bored the depth of the two washers.
The square box tubing is .750 and two square nuts jammed together on the 3/8x16 threaded rod that goes to the control valve allowed to ride freely in and out of the square tubing.
The square tubing is connected to the .500 tubing by a 1/4x20 bolt and two nuts jammed together so it cant come appart.
jakesportingservice

Postby jakesportingservice » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:27 pm

Pic of valve boards the holes are 4.75 is this large enough to flow 500cfm ?
jakesportingservice

Postby bruce » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:44 pm

I've stood and looked at toilet flappers many times in the hardware store and though they have to work? (I think the guys in the local hardware store think I'm nuts as many times as I stood there and looked at various things) I like your design and see no reason why it will not work!

They do not have to seat at rest because as soon as they have air movement they will seat from the backward flow. I've tested this on another design I was working with for my PTS Plans using a scupper valve from a boat.

Edited By bruce on 1231116319
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby jakesportingservice » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:53 pm

Thanks bruce nice to hear that my design looks good to you and think will work also. I just couldn't see myself buying some twenty somethin dollar peice that i had to chop up and make work.

Thanks for this great site the least i could do is post some pics for everyone to look at.

Thanks Jake
jakesportingservice

Next

Return to Readers Flowbench projects