[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Video of wet bench running

Video of wet bench running

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby blaktopr » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:33 pm

Here you go guys. A video of the first test of my wet/dry flowbench/attachment. I need to finish with paint and some more checks with leakage but so far so good. This test was run at only 18" of depression. I don't have the new motor box done yet. This is running just my shop vacs and a 300 range PTS plate. On the machine is a 285@28 calibration plate. I didn't say anything in the vid. I wanted to show the replenishment of liquid. After the test a little more came from the spout. And if you guys want to joke about my bald head.....well let er rip!
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:40 pm

Here is a pic of the intake pipe at the furnco. There was nothing on the PTS plate inside either. So far it did what it was supposed to.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:27 am

Just to let you guys know, the amount of water left once the droplets settled to the spout put it right to the line. The machine couldn't run in the exhaust mode yet. If it could, then it all would have came out at once. Right now, I rely on gravity. ( I hate my finger in those vids)

Until I get the 10 motor box done, I will be calibrating it at a lower depression.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby msj442 » Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:34 pm

think this will be sold in a plan form chris?

max
msj442

Postby blaktopr » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:35 pm

Hey max. Seems that you liked the demo. I will be working on a plan for an attachment for the PTS guys here. Just need to go through some more steps.
Thanks.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:00 pm

A little more calibrating was done. Unfortunately the motors won't allow a high cfm at high depression. But another wet test was done with a 210 calibration plate at 28" with allmost a half gallon of water. Nothing got to the measuring area. Not even close to the motors. Plus I plugged the top and pulled 38" for a minute with no problems to the sealing of the bench and no leakage between test plates.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby msj442 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:08 am

cool looking forward to it chris.

thanks, max :p
msj442

Postby Flash » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:45 am

Gordon
Flash

Postby blaktopr » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:36 am

Hello "savior of the universe". I will be looking at fuel injector calibration fluid in the future. I wonder what windshield washer fluid measures up to. I "believe" there is some in there.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:53 am

I did another test at 28" through a 210 cfm calibration plate. I "poured" a 1/2 gallon into it. This of course will not happen during normal test runs, but I had to test the design. Now 1/2 gallon was poured over 15 seconds. That makes 2 gallon per minute, 120 gallons/hr. This amount with pouring did have some liquid reach through the bench, but not into the motor tube. Even though I see ways to combat this, I feel this will not happen in a test run. Even if you tested 4 barrels of a carb, the liquid will run through the bench at a slower rate, since there would be a plenum under it. To pour the liquid in while running aids in stirring up the liquid into the air. Soon I will be doing heads and then a carb.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby Flash » Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:33 pm

Gordon
Flash

Return to Readers Flowbench projects