[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Gadgets first bench

Gadgets first bench

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby gadget » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:26 am

These are a few pictures of how I did my orifice plates The one in the center is fixed and for 400 cfm the ones on either side are for 300 200 100 50, the ones on the outside are on push pull rods and can be rotated by handles on the outside. I see that if you click on any of these links it takes you to my folder on my web page you can see all the pictures there.
I am using a sekomak blower I got on ebay for about 150 I had to replace the motor to get the volume and pressure up to the limits of the blower. The motor is a 5 hp at 3450 rpm with a three to one belt overdrive to the blower. I am using a vfd to drive the motor up 90 hz The transformer is a step up from 240 to 480 volt. The high volt vfd are in lower demand on ebay so better prices about 150 I am using a dadaq 194 4 channel dac for my pressure transducers to pc interface. and 4-20 ma transducers. and windaqxl to export the data to fpxl for read out. The bench became operational this last weekend and I am now learning how to calibrate it. I cant get over 20"wc on my 400cfm scale with limitd 240 volt input at 15 amp with out tripping the circuit breaker. I have no problem with the 300 cfm at 28"wc. This is a single direction bench but reversing will be done on top of the bench with a movable head fixture. I made the step gauge for valve positioning the steps are .050 increments up to .600 I start at the .6 mark set up the pressures and pull the gauge one click at a time for each measurement. I am going to try a watlow pid controller to automatically keep the pressure set at 28" and controlling the vfd.

gadget

Postby 200cfm » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:04 am

Very nice! How do you insure sealing of the plate when they are "flipped?"
200cfm

Postby gadget » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:12 am

The center plate has a rubber seal (weather striping ) attached to the top of it. The other plates sit on top of the seal when flipped. I have been trying to figure out how to post attached images but have not been successful. If any one could shed some light on that it would sure help. I can't find any thing in the help link.
gadget

Postby bruce » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:43 am

Use the "Image" button if you are hosting them, but it appears the forum software does not like the address I tried to edit your post to show the pics but it gives me an invalid address for the forum software.

Best you can do is make it a link like you have.

Edited By bruce on 1202399493
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby gadget » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:35 pm

Bruce
would you normaly use your own email address and try to access your pictures or do you post your pictures to your email account to access the pictures to upload to the fourm.
gadget

Postby bruce » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:43 pm

I have an area on my website (site host) that I upload my pics to and then link to them here on the forum. If you "attach" the pictures using the "attachments" button on the "add reply" they get uploaded to the forum host but you can only post one image per post that way (kind of a pain).

You are doing it correctly it's just the forum software does not accept the address the way your picture host presents it to you for linking.

I can host pictures from this site as I have plenty of space if anyone needs it. I can also resize the pictures before hosting them.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby gadget » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:35 pm

Thanks Bruce
gadget

Return to Readers Flowbench projects