[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - almost finished

almost finished

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby Shawn » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:55 pm

Shawn

Postby wing64k » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:44 pm

Shawn,Just wondering if you took the new bench for a test drive yet?
wing64k

Postby Tony » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:39 am

Shawn, if you have the option of fitting a remote ten turn speed control knob to your VFD, I think you might find that nicer to use than the keypad.

It gives a much better intuitive "feel" of "how much" in either direction, while you can keep your eyes glued to the depression reading while adjusting.

It is much more ergonomic than a keypad, which requires you to look and think what buttons are being pressed.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby wing64k » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:36 pm

Tony,Where would you find a ten turn control?
wing64k

Postby Shawn » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:12 pm

Shawn

Postby Tony » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:58 pm

Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby Shawn » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:41 am

Hi,
I realized i hadn't put the final results/photo's up so here's what the finished product looks like-

I've got a bunch of photo's of the build process in that album. Hope some of you can use something from them. I'm really happy with the performance of the bench as well as the electronics, software and hardware. All courtesy of Flow Peformance, Larry Cavanaugh and Bruce, respectively. Accuracy and ease of use are both excellent and the ability to move air at the depressions that I'm wanting to use make my old SF600 look like a club by comparison. I also want to thank everyone that contributes here as the free flow of ideas triggered thoughts that i incorporated into my design. Wet flow is next, so maybe i'll be able to come up with something to contribute back on that.
thanks,
shawn
Shawn

Postby 77-1212596771 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:18 am

Wow! Shawn, it looks superb.

Is it a solid (iron) metal plate, which is tightend on the bench, which works as a base for the acryl head adaptor ?

Cheers,

Daniel
77-1212596771

Postby bruce » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:30 am

I agree, looks like a piece of art!

Great job Shawn!
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Shawn » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:29 am

Shawn

Postby larrycavan » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:50 pm

First Rate Bench!

That thing is beautiful :p
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby wfolarry » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:12 pm

Very nice job. Post some action pictures when you have a head on there. Like to see how much it can pull.
wfolarry

Postby Shawn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:37 pm

Shawn

Previous

Return to Readers Flowbench projects