[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Building a new bench - Thrying to retire my SF110

Building a new bench - Thrying to retire my SF110

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby Thomas Vaught » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:46 am

The Beckman parts have a trapped o-ring so the rubber seal should never get pulled into the bench in normal operation.

Agree that the walls of the bench will move around a lot. The guy who did the MSD bench originally added at one point a "all thread" rod and a couple of plates to keep the walls intact. You could see where the rod was not straight in one of the pics.

I am a firm believer in making the bench strong by using a lot of support
parts or by a well thought out bench design that has minimal surface area that is not reinforced.

Tom V.
Thomas Vaught

Postby Erik » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:05 am

I hawe the bech a part to modyfie the exhaust valve I nead to move it to the oter side of the wall the presure force it to leak.

So now when I hawe playd with the FP1 I realised that I dont nead so many orifices. I was thinking I could move one of the orifice slides to the other side and make two identical slides with only tree orifices on each. Then I know for sure that i dont haw any leakage

I used Roccos spreadsheet to calculate orifice size.
Thinking that this will be good ranges?

1,3" = 121cfm
2" = 420cfm
3,5" = 879cfm
@28"wc

And if bench pulls
1,3" = 177cfm
2" = 420cfm
3,5" = 1286cfm is not realistic with 12 motors
@60"wc

The qestion is if this wil be enough ranges, and will it match up with my motors??
Erik

Postby SWR » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:59 am

Erik,at 28" your 2" orifice will have a CFM of about 287,not 420.. :)
SWR

Postby 1960flh » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:09 am

Erik;

I am working on my motor layout 6, 8, 10,12 ??? Could you post the external Dimensions on your bench Hight, length, width. You have a very cleen and simple layout so now I am agian changing my plan.

Nice job on the bench.

Rick
HP = Torque x RPM / 5252
1960flh

Postby Erik » Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:51 pm

Opps a litle typo 287 is corect :D
Erik

Postby Erik » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:47 pm

The dimentions is w 855mm d 800mm h 1130mm

I started out with ordering the mercdog plans and a orifice disk. This is what came out off that. Orifice disk was a joke and the plans dont needed thanks to the forum.
My design is probobly not the best out ther so take your time
:)
Erik

Postby SWR » Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:52 pm

That would be: W= 33.65", D= 31.5" , H= 44.5" for the non-metric users.. :;):
SWR

Postby 1960flh » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:32 am

Erik

Thanks, That helped alot your design is an efficient use of space. The box has to be so big to fit 12+ motors in.

Are you using a motor speed control for depression also or just the flow valves?

Rick
HP = Torque x RPM / 5252
1960flh

Postby Erik » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:56 am

Rick

Maybe it is posible to make the width a litle smaler depending on orifice design.

I am waiting on a voltage transformer so I could adjust the speed on the tree first motors. I start the motors in four steps as it is today.

Erik
Erik

Postby larrycavan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:20 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Erik » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:00 am

Added som photos

I ended up with a plywood bord and a rubberscheet for now.

Tested to flow a big tube 2,952 ID get 798cfm@23"wc
Haw to figur out witch orifices to use, looks like it wants big orifices to get big numbers on the wc.

Erik

Postby gofaster » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:45 pm

Here are two pictures of my flow control valves. The opening is 5-1/2", valves are 6061-T6 aluminum, seals are "Victaulic" pipe joint seals, threaded actuator rod is 1/2"-10tpi (Acme). Locking collars are used to limit valve opening and to capture the threaded rods in the valve supports. When the handwheels (not shown) are turned, the valves will open or close, but the handwheels will not move in and out. That was an omitted detail of the little "Blue" bench that I felt should have been addressed.
Thanks to 1960FLH for hosting them for me.

Jim
gofaster

Postby larrycavan » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:53 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby larrycavan » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:56 pm

larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Erik » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:33 am

Jim
Your valves look good i made mine off delrin (Plastic) and the valve seat to 45degree angel. The handwheels standing still the threaded rods toing in to a pipe that is fixed on the front panel. We will see if it works in the long run or if the plastic weares out.

Thank`s Larry
I will play around a litle and then order your excel scheet. need to do som tests and see what capacity i get.

Erik
Erik

PreviousNext

Return to Readers Flowbench projects