[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Building a new bench - Thrying to retire my SF110

Building a new bench - Thrying to retire my SF110

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby Erik » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:06 pm

I will be glad for some opinions.
The bench is going to be a orifice bench with FP1 for the mesurement. I will use 12 ametek motors with nr 116354-13 I will wire them so I could start tree at the time to avoid som of the heat problem. I will hook the bench up to 400V tree phase and brake it dow inside the bench. Pictures at the link and more to com.

Erik

Postby bruce » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:47 pm

Looks good!!
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Tony » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:12 pm

Really nice work there Erik.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby larrycavan » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:03 pm

Nice layout concept for the orifices. I can see you've been doing your homework and thinking about this a while. Nice Job Eric.

Larry C
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby Erik » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:48 am

Thanks for your opinions
After a litle work on it this weekend i updated the link with som more pictures.

I hawe a litle problem wit deside where to put the pickups for the FP1.

Thinking of puting the presure pickup in the left upper back corner.

The two other against the roof on ewery side of the orifices betwen the slides as far to the left I can

Could that work??

Erik

Postby Erik » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:51 am

My spelling sucks

:D
Erik

Postby rusty105 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:55 am

Just a quick question. What is the purpose of the two openings on either side of the 'vac motor' board?? I have seen them on a few builds and I was wondering what they actually do.
Thanks
Rusty
Race Car Design and Fabrication Forums
rusty105

Postby Erik » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:05 pm

The holes are for the direction of the air thru the bench.
only one is to be open when using the bench depending of it will suck or blow.
Erik

Postby Erik » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:22 pm

Some new pictures

Erik

Postby bruce » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:49 pm

How can anyone keep their shop that clean? LOL What am I doing wrong?

Oh, your progress on the bench is looking good!!
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby Erik » Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:50 pm

[color=#000000]Do any body know what flow and depresion to expect from 12 motors with folowing spec

Ametek 116354-13
Volts 240
Fan stage 2
ratings watts 1300
Max Air Watts 428
Sealed vacuum 100,4
Max Airflow 128,7

3/4 Orifice
Vacuum 60,4 Inches
Airflow 55,1
Air Watts 391

My biggest orifice is 3,488"

Bruce it is a sickness that I got.
To much cleaning don
Erik

Postby Tony » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:18 pm

That depends on what sort of total air pressure the blower has to work against. But those figures give three operating points to work from:

100 inches = zero flow
60 inches = 55 CFM
open flow = 128 CFM

Just add your test pressure, to your orifice design (maximum flow) pressure.

I don't know, but assume maybe 28" plus 15" = 43 inches ?? total pressure the blower has to fight against.

If it flows 55 CFM at 60 inches, it will flow more than that with only 43 inches pressure to work against.

A really wild off the wall guess might be around 70 CFM per blower, but it is really difficult to know for sure.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby 1960flh » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:35 pm

Erik;

Look at the spreadsheets posted by Bruce from Terry Zak??? ( in the spreadsheets and formulas area, shearch fro the begining) that gives the multi motor specs for many of the common Ametek motors. Though i do not think there are any two stage setups posted it should give ou an idea of the effects of multiple motors in parallel

Just a thought,

Rick
HP = Torque x RPM / 5252
1960flh

Postby Thomas Vaught » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:58 pm

Your bench project is coming along very nicely.

One suggestion which I have made to others on the board was to not use sliding doors for the intake door and exhaust door on the side of the bench. I see that you have already cut the openings to that shape.

The Beckman round "Boat Portholes" will seal much better and will still
allow a lot of air through them.

A way to add the port holes would be to make metal plates that would cover your existing openings and these would have the proper opening diameter for the Beckman parts. The parts are not that expensive and work very well, ask others on the board.

Tom V.

ps I like your slide version of the orifice plate. probably will seal much better than the large rotating disc deal.
Thomas Vaught

Postby Erik » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:09 am

I did look at Terrys spreadsheets But did not understand them but now i did look at them again and think I get it.

So this I should expect
28"wc 1260cfm
60"wc 660cfm

I did not planing to use sliding dors I was thinking of just skrew on som plates with a seal. I did test run it the other day and had bolted on a 4mm steel plate with 4 bolts.
When i was testing it for leaks it suckt the rubber seal in to the bench at 71"wc the bench was sealed off totaly, on the EX side it was bending the plate at 54"wc. This was pretty wilde ;-) So yes Thomas I nead to do some thing I did read about the boatholes erlier but the holes was alredy cutt.
So will 8" boathole be big enough ?

I also plan on to make a security valve on the exhaust side of the bench.
Erik

Next

Return to Readers Flowbench projects