[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Flow Bench Using Shop Vac's and Black Box

Flow Bench Using Shop Vac's and Black Box

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby 77-1212596771 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Yes. I am using paypal quite often.

These switches have 2 incoming and two 2 outgoing pipes which can be switched straight through or crossed over - right ?

Do you still know the model number?

Cheers,

Daniel
77-1212596771

Postby 106-1194218389 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:26 pm

Here is the exact one I am using - you can order it directly from them for the same price Make sure you order the 10/32 X 1/8" fittings also

John
106-1194218389

Postby 106-1194218389 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:33 pm

[color=#000000]Here are some 90
106-1194218389

Postby 106-1194218389 » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:39 pm

Here are the straight connectors
106-1194218389

Postby SWR » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:59 pm

From Clippard over here they are a hefty 26.38 Euro + taxes... twice the US price in $...
SWR

Postby Sir Yun » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:09 am

thus 400% more expensive..go figure

I recently bought pistons in australia.. even with shipping them 20.000km and paying taxes it was 100% cheaper..ergo.
Sir Yun

Postby Tony » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:36 pm

At least here in Australia, another company that handles similar air control and pneumatic products would be "Festo".

Manually controlled reversing valves:

Electrically controlled reversing valves:
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby 86rocco1 » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:56 pm

I suspect that anyone living near a major city would be able to find suitable valves locally. Pneumatics are very common in industry and were you find industry, you'll also find businesses to service and supply them.
86rocco1

Postby bruce » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:37 am

Try this thread:

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby 106-1194218389 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:32 am

Just an update on my flowbench project. I could see the writing on the wall using just 2 shop vacs so I had purchased 4 Domels. I just purchase 4 of the Surplus Center motors last night to add to the Domels so I will have 8 total now. The way I am going to stage the motors will be the Domels as the first and most used 4 motors. Then I will use the Surplus Center ones as auxiliary motors as they will not be used as much. I figure the Domels will have a much longer life span so all in all the bench should lst me forever. Now to just build the cabinet to put them in.

John :D
106-1194218389

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:56 pm

Well my Surplus Center motors arrived. It seems like they arrived within three days of when I ordered them. That place has great customer service. Now to get going on the motor side of my bench.

John :D
106-1194218389

Postby 106-1194218389 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:08 pm

Just an update to my bench project. This part I did as a learning process so I would fully understand what it was all about before I started on the "Big Box". After appreciated help from Ed and his program I recalibrated my orifices. Now my inclined manometer is spot on so I am one happy guy! The bench it self using the computer DAQ has been on as the software allowed you to input a correction factor. Now I am getting the same flowing test reading on my head as I was, but now the computer and inclined agree for the full inclined scale. Thanks Ed for the program to make this a breeze. And Bruce, thank you one big Thanks for getting this forum together as it is the reason I have been able to do this successfully. Now on to the "Big Box" project!

John
106-1194218389

Postby 106-1194218389 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:17 pm

Well I am ready to go on my new bench. I am going to follow Bruce's plans with the optional back that is taller for the inclined and light. I have 3 sheets of Agatha plywood that is the 18mm thick which is .700" not 3/4". It really looks good, nice looking grain and many layers and the Home Depot guy said the way it is made and the glue that is used with it makes it the strongest plywood. I hope that is the truth. It is very nice looking. I have purchased 2 quarts of Minwax Polyshade 1 step in gloss pecan. I just got back from Home Depot where I bought the Minwax and a new saw blade. The new blade is a 60 with carbide tips. It is supposed to cut a very smooth cut with no chipping.

I have all the motors - clear tubing for manometers - aluminum for inclined. I also have a new service box and 10 new breakers. Tomorrow I start cutting wood. I have figured out corrections to plans for use with .700" plywood. I will document with pictures but will have to post those under the plans section.

John
106-1194218389

PreviousNext

Return to Readers Flowbench projects