[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - bench underway, with changes

bench underway, with changes

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby blaktopr » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Screwed and glued, waiting for some extra add ons...
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:56 pm

Here is with the top on, allmost there.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:58 pm

A Little more paint, some pressure hookups, and attach to the bench and she is ready to take on some water!!
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:07 pm

Excuse the size of the head adapter. That will be changed along with the way I view the chamber. There should be no need to turn out the lights to view with some black light if it all works out. The runner is a different story though, but have some ideas there too. Once this thing is hooked up I am going to take a video of it taking on some water, maybe a half gallon or so, and then recycle it. Stay tuned.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:22 pm

Ok, so here is where the bench is now.
For one, the attachment needs a design change for measuring accuracy, but does a good job of capturing liquid. There is a pipe that exits into the bottom chamber totally srewing with the CFM and depressions. Same kind of issue as with the orifice in a pipe.
EX.. Calibration plate on main bench reads 285@28. No head adapter. Calibration plate on attachment 331@28" read through main bench. Somewhere down the line I will figure something out.

I went back to the "old faithful" bench. Tossed out the "wet" settleing box that was on top of the bench along with the old shop vac motor box. Built the new motor box and reconfigured the benh to work the opposite direction. What used to be the inlet chamber for the motors is now my settleing chamber under the head. The motor box is connected trough a new hole on the side of the bench.

I also went digital. Used 2 plates for the DM. One in each direction of flow testing with a blank. This allows me to use both plates in one direction if I have to. Right now, it is just move the blank. As I wrote in the baffle thread, I went to a round, radiused 21" disk. This is in betwen the chamber opening and the plates. 9" to each direction. (pic below)
So, there is a about 6 cu/ft settleing chamber fed through a 6X6 hole to the chamber on one side of the plate (9 cu/ft) with the same on the other.

This is the best the bench has ever been. No leaks anywhere (except motor box slider plate). Lots of internal volume plus the large baffle netted me with a .605 DC for the bench. Every plate I throw on the bench is right on or 1.5 cfm off. It was calibrated with a 285 and a 350 plate, both are right on. The lower numbers are the ones off (210).

The motor box needs a little work. A little to overboard with design but still faulted. All and all, still can reach in the low 400 @28 and reaching to 366@34.

I made room for a second motor box if the need comes.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby msj442 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:41 pm

lookin good chris!!!!!

max
msj442

Postby blaktopr » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:10 pm

Thanks Max.
Here are some pics. I have to just figure out color and then paint or laminate. Superflow has my favorite color. But I was thinking black and blue.
The wet attachment is now working fine, now that I have the numbers nailed down and reasons to different things. The attachment has the head on it now. The dry portion "main" is where the black "stopper" is. The numbers are the same on both pieces.

I wan't to thank everyone on this board especially Bruce who has been a huge help. Everything on this bench was either hand built or "PTS" items. This thing has been ongoing on and off for 2 years.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:12 pm

Here is the connection for the attachment. I can cap it off or just plug the top inlet when not in use.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:17 pm

Motor box side. If I ever want to I can either step up the motors or build a second one, and place it right on top of this one. The ability for 20 motors. My electric bill would be huge if I were to mess with a PS head! Maybe one day I will get my hands on a radial fan. That would be optimum. Better efficiency and higher CFM/depressions.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby bruce » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:04 pm

Holy Crap Chris . . . in the last picture what did you do to "my" velocity probe?

Edited By bruce on 1256421919
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby msj442 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:14 pm

lmao. just caught the pic of it and had to post a reply lmao.

max :D
msj442

Postby blaktopr » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:29 pm

Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Previous

Return to Readers Flowbench projects