[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - bench underway, with changes

bench underway, with changes

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby blaktopr » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:51 pm

I found that it may be too much trouble to fit the motors inside the existing bench with the homebuilt checkvalves. It's using the box idea that Jake and others are using, only with a 3" aluminum door ( round) instead of flapper valves. I just hope I won't be loosing too much from the piping from the external box. But the box will allow me more motors in the future.

I tested what one surplus center motor did in addition to the 7 shop vac motors and was able to get 29" through a 350 plate and way in the 30's with a 285 plate. So the 8 surplus plus 7 shop vacs looks promising, unless the power from the 8 override the 7.

Started on the "secondary box" for extra types of wet testing and using dato'ed joints. Boy that sucker is strong. 1/4 deep dato to accept the 3/4 wood gives it 3 surfaces to seal against. Liquid nails and 2" screws finish off the joint, then a bead of silicone at the corner. I severely doubt any leakage at all even at higher depressions.

Chris.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:02 pm

Hey guys, how ya been? I had a bunch of personal junk going on that kept me away. But now that the weather is better and the garage is cleaned, and life is a little more on track (except those NAGGING bill collerctors!!) I am getting back to the project. After starting the "wetflow attachment" box, I got more ideas for it and cut more wood, and put it aside. That was the A.D.D kicking in! :p I then focused some attention to the motor box that will be joined to my main bench. Thanks to everyone's input on the motor boxes, cause I took a piece from some of them! :D The box holds 10 motors and if need be, designed to be "stacked" with another box of the same design for more power. (Lets see... 10 plus 10 PLUS 7 shop vac motors = ???) Not until later. It will now be 8 surplus with 7 shop vac box when cirtain testing is needed. I will be using 1/8 thick aluminum for the valves, but not sure of 1 or 2 and the sizes yet. All of it is datoed which is taking so much time, but makes it super strong. I took some pics.....

Chris
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:06 pm

The wood will be painted. It is screwd, glued and siliconed. I am using 3/4 treated ply (free), and the 5/8 melamite was stuff left over from racketball courts being installed in a LA Fitness I was working in.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:09 pm

You can get an idea of strength from this closeup of a dato joint. This is where the center board attaches to the direction selector
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:11 pm

Those pics were taken at mockup with NO screws yet. It stays together with the press fit only. Here is the separate "attachment" started with the additional wood waiting to be datoed.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:14 pm

This shot shows the top datoed to match the perimeter of the box. You can also see how the sides are secured.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:19 pm

This is all I can show you when it comes to the inside of the dual direction "wetflow attachment/bench." Only Bruce knows it's secrets, and you all know how well he keeps them! :D But it is really to show how the datoed attached walls on the inside with silicone looks.

Chris
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:27 pm

When making the dato cuts, a straight edge is used which add LOTS of time to the prepwork. 2" angle iron clamped down onto the wood. A little annoying, but when done it "feels" better to me. The glue has 3, and sometimes 2 surfaces now to bond the corners. I am hoping this helps keeps leakage to zero especially at some higher depressions. I hope this helps some guys out there.

Chris.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Motor box getting ready for assembly
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:44 pm

Here is the lid for the motor flapper valves. Hinges with 3 1/4 aluminum disks. They are recessed into the wood. Not sure yet, but mught seal with silicone. Applyed on aluminum and let dry before installing.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:38 pm

Even though I am up to my eyelids with stuff to do, I have been getting some work done piece by piece. Here are some pics of the wet/dry separate bench which is also the prototype for the wet "attachment" I am working on. This first pic shows some of the "meat and potatoes" of this bench. This build has been changed here and there as I went, plus I allready see future changes. The top is off and the inlet pipe is not finished yet. It has provisions for two plates to do some carb work.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:40 pm

Side + front shots
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:40 pm

More....
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Front