[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - My current flowbench

My current flowbench

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby 98-1074649673 » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:33 pm

Here is a link to my current flowbench project if u came to this forum from someplace other than my website you can see it here:
98-1074649673

Postby pablo » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:50 pm

Bruce,
Did you make the "Black Box" you are using with your PDA. I would like more info on this if you please
pablo

Postby 98-1074649673 » Wed Jan 28, 2004 10:35 pm

No I didn't make the unit, I'm field testing it for someone on the forum and I LOVE IT!! I'm sure he will add more info on it? Mouse u out there? Tell them all about your PV setup. Might want to make it a new subject on the pitot forum?
98-1074649673

Postby Greg » Thu Jan 29, 2004 4:47 pm

Bruce,
how about an area for other home built workshop gear that might come in handy?
Greg

Postby Mouse » Mon Feb 02, 2004 6:22 pm

I am currently redesigning the processor, but should have a picture of the new setup by weeks end. I will post it here when I have it.

The new processor is a table top design. It will feature up to 4 pressure sensors for working with carbs, and an extra serial port for dumping data to a PC or serial printer. There is also a weather station port for the soon to arrive weather station. The weather station is a stand-alone unit so that you can either plug it into the processor so that the processor can retrieve weather conditions from it, or your Casio PV can plug into the weather station so that you can take it and your Casio PV to the track to monitor weather conditions or tune your fuel ratios.

John
Mouse

Postby Mouse » Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:28 pm

Here are some pics of the new processor:

Edited By bruce on 1075934442
Mouse

Postby Shawn L » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:05 pm

What will the cost be of this equipoment Mouse?
Weather station?
Software and hardware for flow testing?
other goodies?
Shawn L

Postby Mouse » Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:37 pm

The FP1 processor (2 pressure sensors, 4 possible) looks to be about 399.00. The Casio PV (Pocket Viewer), with software, $69.99.

The FP1 (Flow Processor model 1) microcontroller chip is flash programable, which means software upgrades will be possible. Same for the Casio PV. So you don't have to be worried about getting stuck with yesterdays technology.

The FP1 contains all the flow processing software. The PV simply is a display and input device (I/O).

With the FP1 in manometer mode, the serial output can read directly into a database or spreadsheet so you can cook and display the numbers anyway you like or need.

A last minute addition are 2 extra I/O jacks for future hardware additions,
(photo soon) such as a depression controller.

The Casio PV, along with the address book, note pad, sketch pad, calander, calculator.... also has a spreadsheet that links with Excel 2000 or higher. You can also download free software from the internet such as scientific calculators, timers and stopwatch, etc....

There will be an introductory price for weather stations as I got a great deal on baro and humidity sensors. So until they run out, perhaps 199.99 for the WS. The WS connected just to the PV will display a lot of weather related data (more than most people would even be interested in, or know about), and have an option for local and remote temp sensing.

Other flow testing equipment to be announced soon.

John
Mouse

Postby GD » Sun Mar 28, 2004 12:12 pm

Hi Mouse
Do you have a mailing list that keeps people posted as you make progress on you flow bench DAQ? if so I would like to be on it.
Thanks
Gary@HPbyGD.com
GD

Postby Mouse » Sun Mar 28, 2004 10:35 pm

Gary,

I don't have a mailing list at this time; However, this project of mine may be of interest, and will keep you up to date on the FP1 and other components:

or

You can send any questions to:

sales@flowperformance.com

or

xero@cmc.net

John
Mouse

Postby 86rocco » Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:55 pm

Hey John,
I've messed around a bit with micro-controllers and such in the past and I'm of thinking of eventually automating some or all of the data collection on the flow bench I building so I'm curious about your FP1. If it wouldn't be divulging any "trade secrets", what processor and sensors are you using in the FP1?
86rocco

Postby Mouse » Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:27 pm

Email me and I will tell you what I can.

Thanks

John
Mouse

Return to Readers Flowbench projects