[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Pitot style in progress...

Pitot style in progress...

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby What » Sat May 01, 2004 2:55 am

Here is the bench that I'm working on. Basically as simple as it gets. 2" pipe to keep velocities high and 10 times diameter rule after bends/restrictions/before and after pitots. The only bend is a 90 degree to go up to the top of the bench. Unfortunately I don't really have any more room in my garage to go side-ways, besides cutting through existing benches which may have worked... but either way, I still decided to have longer section of pipe go up. If I hadn't already drilled holes in the side of the vac box, I would have put a couple of 90s on the bottom of the box after the casters were on instead of the straight pipes to lower the working side of the bench down where I was originally thinking it would be... as it is now, I have to build a small working step. The last pictures makes it look like less room then there is for a guys head. With the casters on the vac box it's easily moveable to reverse direction of flow.

I had originally planned for 4 or so vacuum motors and I kept having shop vacs donated so I kept adding them. Most of the motors are different, so it will take a little longer setting up the bench in that respect, but I should have various ranges to choose from. I read about someones bench built with MDF 'blowing' up when accidentally sealed it one day, so I added enough bracing to prevent it from happening even if I left my hand over the pipe all day (or so I figure).

Still working on manometers and adapter plates and such, but I'll post a few more of those come time.

I should actually take a few minutes one day and put this on a web page and link to it, instead of having it all in one post.
What

Postby What » Sat May 01, 2004 2:56 am

What

Postby What » Sat May 01, 2004 3:00 am

What

Postby What » Sat May 01, 2004 3:03 am

Just thought I'd clean up the old pics and put these in.
All old pics can be seen here on this web page instead. No dialog at the moment, but I will try to do so when I have more time.

I will end up changing aspect ratio of vertical manometer and marking everything off once I get comfortable with the pitot tubes and as I get comfortable with how I am going to do the tests.

Have to bring over another circuit for the last motor as I've only played with a max of 6 of them. Starts sounding like it's going to take off as you turn more of them on and the air starts to really move out of there.

Seeing as I have vac motors from different shop/industrial shop vacs I borrowed an ammeter from the father-in-law and so far the little craftsman "2hp" motor seems to draw little current (under 7 amps) but provide similar flow and depression to the couple that are drawing 11-12amps.
What

Return to Readers Flowbench projects