[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Starting to come together

Starting to come together

A place to post links to your flowbench projects to share with everyone on the board.  You can share a description and pics also here please limit the size of your picture files to low res pics, Thanks

Postby 102-1081363915 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:48 pm

Finally had a few extra minutes (ok hours) and got started on my new bench. It's a scaled down version of the MSD bench (sort of). I did not need it to be so large since most of my range will be in the 20-60cfm range and just a single motor. I called it my "Do-It-Yourself" bench, but I see the post below already coined that phrase so on my next update I'll give it a new name. :D

Should be complete somewhere around end of this week. I'll update pics as I go along.

102-1081363915

Postby 102-1081363915 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:33 pm

Ok, renamed it: Small Engine (Karting) Flowbench. :)

Added a few more pics. Got the motor mounted in tonight. Got the plates in for the threaded rod. Tomorrow, I mount the vent valves, oriface holder/plates, top plate, and mount the front board.
102-1081363915

Postby rob hilton » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:20 pm

Long Tube Bench
My new flow bench is also starting to come together.
My new bench is some what like a EZ FLOW BENCH, but with longer tubes (50 X the Test Bore size, which is 4" or 16.6 ft of tubing.) Bench top is 8' x 30"
I have the bench asembled, all the tubes cut and fit, but not glued together, as I'm still working on the Orifce plate hole size and the Manometers
I'm using a Dust/Chip Blower Motor that will hopefully produce 600 CFM
rob hilton

Postby fchp » Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:27 pm

hhmm.. that's odd. Not sure how but my user name disappeared. Oh well, re-registered and it took it fine.

The bench is now complete. I'll get some pics up in the next day or so. Again, BIG thanks to this board for the help. No way I could have done it otherwise.

Just spent a couple hours testing the Briggs 5hp carbs we race and I am VERY impressed with the new bench. With these carbs and the bench design I am able to test in the 36" to 48" range if I want. AWSOME!!

J. Webb
fchp

Return to Readers Flowbench projects