[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Wet bench with fuel injection

Wet bench with fuel injection

The old Wetflow forum was unrecoverable so I started a new one.

A place to talk about super secretive wet flow.

This is a closed forum only open to members, if you can read this then you are a member

Postby SappySE107 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:10 am

I am starting to work on a new bench setup for wet flow, and would like to know if anyone has ran the dye/water or other solution through a fuel pump and injector? I plan on running with the full intake setup in place, and pulse the injectors using the available hardware already out there to test injectors.

Water seems like a bad idea for the injector and pump and the fluids used by injector testing machines doesn't look like it is something I want in a flowbench. Any thoughts or experience would help me a great deal.
SappySE107

Postby blaktopr » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:34 pm

So far, I found that Mondello has a solution more toward the specific gravity of gas. I also read from another site, N-Heptane and 16B calibration fluid. I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Chris
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby SappySE107 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:12 pm

The 16B looked best so far since that is what injector testers use. N-Heptane looks to be more dangerous so I would like to avoid it.
SappySE107

Postby blaktopr » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:54 pm

I found one place who has 16b but I don't have an idea of price and or quantities to get and wether or not it can be sold to the public. I guess I'm going to stick with distilled water for now.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby SappySE107 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:21 pm

After reading on the speedtalk site, I think I will start with water at least and go from there. Just do it was pretty much the words of advice:P
SappySE107

Postby Tony » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:16 pm

I would be a bit careful as to what fluid you pass through your vacuum motors.
Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Return to Wetflow Discussion