[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - pics of work done the past

pics of work done the past

Have an interesting technique, tool or just anything related to porting? Post it here . . . please no bashing anyone for the model of engine they are working, we're here to share ideas . . .

Postby msj442 » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:12 am

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i125.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid125.photobucket.com/albums/p41/xs1100fan/port.flv">
msj442

Postby RACEPUMPER » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:20 am

Nice work Max.
That Rat manifold looks good

Jim
Whats another word for Thesaurus?
RACEPUMPER

Postby larrycavan » Sun Dec 21, 2008 6:45 pm

Nice, even work. :D
larrycavan
Site Admin

Postby msj442 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:20 pm

thaks alot larry.
i have alot of respect for you based on articles that i have read that you have posted. i have learned alot from them also. what is your history anyway, just very curious. i have been porting for only about 13 years.worked at one of the biggest names in the tri state area here in iowa. now im on my own. some people think that is along time and some people think im new to it. i just keep an open mind and try to learn something everyday. i guess you could say you are some what of a roll model for me. weird i know.

thanks alot, max
msj442

Postby slracer » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:26 pm

Hey Max, Don't know where else to put this, but your comments about Larry made me think this was the place! You could choose a worse role model. I too read what Larry was saying and asked him to take a shot at one of the 100cc Honda heads I run. When he got the first one (which I had done some work on), he asked for another as that one was too large. (I thought large was good!) He took a stocker and reworked it for me. I had the guides replaced so the 8mm stem stock valves were replaced with 4mm versions from a Honda CBR600F3. Larry did the rest! He wasn't too happy with the quality of the cast iron castings from 1962, but Honda has learned something since then. Before this bad boy runs in anger, I'll have some real seats put in, but a 30+% increase in intake flow is worthwhile. Larry, if you want to add some numbers and comments, jump in. I'll just show the pic of the port!

Thanks again! -- Doug
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby msj442 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:41 pm

thanks doug.

max
msj442

Postby msj442 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:54 am

this question is direted mainly at larry c.
there is so much focus on the intake velocity and none that i am aware of on exhaust. any info or magic numbers on the exhaust velocity? i have never had a problem getting my exhaust numbers really good but was just curious on what kind of rule of thumb there is out there for mapping of the port.

thank, max
msj442

Postby jfholm » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:25 am

Max,
I have a copy of PipeMax by Larry Meaux and it will give you CSA and port velocities you need to aim for on the exhaust. So I really feel it is critical on the exhaust side also. I have noticed that the desired velocity is faster in the exhaust than the intake.

John
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby msj442 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:24 pm

ok thanks for info. when i get enuf money i will have to get that program.
thanks, max :(
msj442

Postby jfholm » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:25 pm

Max,
It will be one of the best $40 you spent. Each application is different, cam, rpm range, engine size all contribute of course.

John
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Return to Porting techniques?