[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - LED lights for bench

LED lights for bench

post'em if u got'em.

Postby Scott H » Thu May 21, 2009 4:05 pm

Scott H

Postby jfholm » Thu May 21, 2009 4:29 pm

And now that I am 60 and suffering from CRS I really believe in that quote

John ;-)
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby Tony » Thu May 21, 2009 8:16 pm

Also known as the infamous "Warpspeed" on some other Forums.
Tony

Postby blaktopr » Thu May 21, 2009 9:30 pm

What I need to find is the amount of black light to exite the fluorecent medium yet does not illuminate the object you are viewing.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby Flash » Sun May 24, 2009 2:06 pm

Gordon
Flash

Postby slracer » Sun May 24, 2009 5:44 pm

It pops up with a URL that says "sorry, this ad is no longer available" when I tried it. -- Doug
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby Malvin » Sun May 24, 2009 10:03 pm

Sorry Guys I did try that link before I put it up.

Here is a other I found on glow in the dark string
I tired it to and works for me here is that link.

Malvin :)
Malvin

Postby slracer » Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:07 am

After looking at the LED lights and transformers and accessories, I thought there might be a "better" (read that as "Cheaper" :D ) way. I went to my local Thrift store and found a bunch of old computer equipment transformers in different Voltage ranges and an old, common extension cord. 3 supplies and the extension set me back $1. I went home and checked out the supplies and all 3 worked! In fact, they all overworked; one from Radio Shack was rated at 12 VDC but showed nearly 18 on my voltmeter. I changed to a different meter, then another but the result was the same: 17.6 to 18.5 VDC. I then checked a Nokia brand supply rated at 3.7 VDC and it registered from 8.4 to 8.7 VDC on the 3 meters. Finally, a Motorola brand rated at 5.9 VDC actually showed 6.1 VDC on all 3 meters. The point is, if you try this approach, check the voltages! I clipped the female end off the extension with about 10 inches of cord and wired a wall switch into it (for testing - a toggle will be used for the final wiring). I then dropped the transformer into a junction box (which will go behind the control panel on the bench) and clipped off the funny little plug on the end of the cord on the transformer. When I attached the short extension to a (soon to be) hot wire, I checked the output again and found no change so the next step will be to decide which transformer to use and how many LEDs I need for which style and wire the settling chamber. For the 1 pic is worth 1000 words guys, the pic below shows the "assembly" partially assembled. With some high output LEDs, I could be in business for under $15 including shipping. Worth a shot? -- Doug

Hmmm! The add a pic button seems to be missing? Anyone else having this problem? Maybe it doesn't work in this section as I tried a new post and it didn't work again. I'll try to find a related post and add the pic in there.

I started a new topic here so pics can be posted.
I choose NOT to be an ordinary man because it is my right to be uncommon if I can! - unknown
slracer

Postby jfholm » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:47 am

I found a source for florescent thread to used with black light and flow bench

John
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby Flash » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:22 pm

Gordon
Flash

Postby jfholm » Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:27 am

It's the Floss/Chenille and if you look down the page just a little you will see where it lists the fluorescent

John
jfholm

Previous

Return to Flowbench Links