[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Porting books/material

Porting books/material

Have an interesting technique, tool or just anything related to porting? Post it here . . . please no bashing anyone for the model of engine they are working, we're here to share ideas . . .

Postby Flash » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:50 pm

Gordon
Flash

Postby coulterracn » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:17 pm

"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"
coulterracn

Postby Flash » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:27 pm

The problem with these heads was that i was STUPID and sucked a valve, broke a block and beat the sh*t out of that combustion chamber.
required intake and exh seats installed to save the head.

The seats left a ski jump in the bowl. Remove the ski jump straight down the bowl.
In other words there was not a 70*cut. straight down from the seat.

short side was smooth......and rounded. nothing done past there.

Made plastic tempest and made all the rest of the ports match then two.

Edit: stock valves, only combustion chamber work was to remove all the scares from the valve head beating around on that combustion chamber
Gordon
Flash

Postby coulterracn » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:42 am

Ok that sucks. I've had seats installed in other heads but never one that was to small for the valve or to deep. That really kills air flow.

Ray
"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"
coulterracn

Postby Flash » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:25 pm

Gordon
Flash

Postby Flash » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:57 pm

Just went and CC my X and my ported head.

The ported head has 6 CC more volume then X head.........pretty sure i will be epoxying some thing before I'm done.

the exhaust side had 5 CC more then my stock X head.

So any body have some good books, threads ,sites, for my brain to Rummage though , on Mopar Small blocks 340/360??
Gordon
Flash

Previous

Return to Porting techniques?