[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Lighthouse motors

Lighthouse motors

A place to discuss air movers, blowers, vacuum motors etc . . . this is a closed forum only open to members

Postby Flash » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:17 pm

I noticed that you didn't paint the inside of your bench. could the area be seeping through the mdf?

Is the motor plate, mdf, sealed all the way around its 4 corners?........... Make that 8 corners................
Gordon
Flash

Postby emarsh » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:15 am

emarsh

Postby bruce » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:17 pm

The plans call out specifically painting the inside of the panels, MDF will loose a good amount of air. There is a post on here showing MDF bubbling up a soap spray solution that was sprayed onto one of the panels on someone's flowbench.
"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby emarsh » Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:07 am

I'd sealed the outside of the box but missed the fact that the inside needs to be coated too. I'll take a shot at it and see what happens.
emarsh

Postby fast_crew » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:28 pm

Was wondering if there is any update on your bench Emarsh did this take care of the low pressure issues??
Josh K.
fast_crew

Postby emarsh » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:20 am

No, I've sealed the inside and that doesn't seem to have any effect. With the 300 CFM plate in place I can just about pull 28". I'm starting to think that I might have to buy another motor.
emarsh

Postby Flash » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:02 pm

Gordon
Flash

Postby blaktopr » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:39 am

Emarsh. Where is your bench. In the house or in a garage. If in the garage, how far is it from the house?? Does it have it's own service drop or is it fed from the house/main structure? You will get different results depending on these facctors. Bruce has about 25 feet of feeder from his main panel. Where then someone like me has about 75 feet from house to garage. Then another 20 feet from subpanel in garage to subpanel for the bench. Add in wire size, amount of connections, and voltage from the street, can add up to net you a lesser air result. I have Surplus motors and need 5 for 285 to 295 CFM. 8 motors for 350. I see this with even running power tools on job sites. Long cords, small guage wire, or even a low output from a generator will change how much power the tool will have.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby coulterracn » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:00 am

"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here"
coulterracn

Postby blaktopr » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:24 pm

Here is another one for ya. Slider plate leak. Mine has it pretty bad. Now all I have to do is find a way to fix this. My box is different than yours though cause it is a separate unit and built with datos. (My own design) Then when it was assembled, some pieces "shifted".
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby jfholm » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:18 pm

The slider plate leakage could act like a fuel pressure bypass and bypass air pressure either direction and only allow you to attain a certain pressure. This might be especially noticable with smaller capacity motors.
It is a wise man that learns from his mistakes, but it is a wiser man that learns from the mistakes of others.
jfholm

Postby blaktopr » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:43 pm

I shimmed the intake side, somehow it got a little larger there. Snuck a thin steel plate in there with another hole. I am up to 365@34". Using the DM plate in the bench. Next time I have to assemble something like this more carefully.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby bruce » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:12 pm

"There is no more formidable adversary than one who perceives he has nothing to lose." - Gen. George S. Patton
bruce
Site Admin

Postby blaktopr » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:07 am

Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Previous

Return to Air Movers