[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Tractorsport Flowbench Forum Archive • View topic - Feedback from members

Feedback from members

The old Wetflow forum was unrecoverable so I started a new one.

A place to talk about super secretive wet flow.

This is a closed forum only open to members, if you can read this then you are a member

Postby blaktopr » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:20 pm

[color=#000000]I can tell you didn't start drinking yet Rick. You are not slurring your posts!
Don't lose your mind, we didn't add the water yet!
I lost my mind doing time/area calcs for 2 strokes, by hand. .000008253????? stuff, ugh!
I see it as one of two or three ways to get the required water/ 16B amounts. If I have to I can make a call to hammer it down once I get some more tests under my belt.

Here is Rick drinking while posting:

[quote]Toommmmmm,,, I started to think about thissss and have been working on a sssspread sheeeeet to try to work backwards toward flow requirementssss of a 100% VEEEE ssssscenario. I need to sssleep on this and look at my mathhh again but I am posting in hope one of you will say HEEEYYYYY RRRRICK!!! your math is allllll............wrong and I will move on with my sheet. (spit) This is just crude mathhh to get to my point and even..even...even..tu tu..tually refffine.

But here
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby 49-1183904562 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:35 am

Chris

I will take some pictures of the Fuel injector testor i have and see if i can get it to work at all while in the shop today.

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby blaktopr » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:23 am

Thanks Rick.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby 49-1183904562 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:50 pm

Chris,

The tool i have is a RAM 8190e fuel injector balance testor i got it as a Carter part number 476-004. It will power a fuel pump and injectors for balance testing I/E exact flow rate.

Not sure if you could find one or not.

Rick
49-1183904562

Postby 49-1183904562 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:38 am

Chris,

I installed a Mist Kool cooling lubricant mister on my mill the other night and after playing with it for a while it made me think of what you are doing. This thing is very tunable down to a mist you can barley see and cheep when on sale. I was thinking you could put the pickup end in a graduated cylinder and tune it to the flow you are looking for. It could easily be hard plumbed also.

Just a thought

Rick

49-1183904562

Postby blaktopr » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:14 am

Thanks Rick. It seems they have the nozzle only on the site too. I been gathering supplies to make something to control amounts and pressure. Then I will test my old boiler fuel nozzle and some other things. This is what I am going to try.

2 ft 2" pvc pipe with 1/8 external "sight" tube
Female adaptors on each end with threaded caps.
Top cap used to fill pipe.
Top cap has setup with 1/4 npt air line hookup with ball valve and guage/regulator.
Bottom cap has ball valve and then leads to the misting tool.

Air pressure from top can be read and adjusted.
Bottom liquid out can be shut off or adjusted.

I can test time and volume then relate to pressure amount etc.

I am going to use a toilet flange possibly for the bellmouth of the mister.

Have to watch that the pressure release doesn't mess with the results.
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Postby blaktopr » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:16 am

The next trick is to get someone at Riskreactor.com on the phone. The girl was not helpful (receptionist) and the guys never called back. I need the most brilliant yellow/green/blue stuff they got. I tried a majenta from there but it was mostly for staining. I tried to tell her what I was trying to do and all I got was the Cali ???
Chris Sikorski
blaktopr

Previous

Return to Wetflow Discussion